Barb Reinhardt

Have you tried the Area Plot instead of the scatter plot?

"JZip" wrote in message
I'm producing scatter plots showing elevation change along state park
trails. It must be done on a scatter plot as the distances at which the

data
was taken are not uniform...unless someone has another method that I

haven't
thought of yet. I would like to fill the area beneath the plot to better
represent a cross section of the trail. In time we may elect to code the
fill area to represent soil types, geology, or surface firmness.
How can I fill the area beneath a scatter plot??
Thx in advance,
Jeff