Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Malmo

Default How to Find lowest value of 5 different cells?

Could you be a little more exsact? Im not to skilled with excel,

Look the values in these cells are going to be compared:

B6 C6
B62 C62
B112 C112
B184 C184
B230 C230

What string shall i use (please write complete)
Ive tried "=B6 = MIN($B$6:$B$62:$B$112) but i understand they have to be in
the same area then. I only want to compare specific cells.

Bob Phillips skrev:

MIN expects numeric values.

If it is always A at the start, you could use

=MIN(--SUBSTITUTE(A1:A5,"A",""))

or

=MIN(--RIGHT(A1:A5,LEN(A1:A5)-1))

which are array formulae, they should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Malmo" wrote in message
When i make inquiery to different companys, i get 4-5 different prices.

I wish to find the lowest price and bold/make cell yellow.

Ex.

A6
A62
A112
A184
A230

How can i do this? I keep getting a Error when using min fuction.