Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default Importing text file, only option to edit existing file

"smokey99" wrote in message
I have imported a text file into an excel sheet.
Now I want to import more data to the same sheet, without changing the
existing data.

I have done this many times in the past, but now I only have the option of
editing existing text file.

Have I changed a setting somehow?

How can I get back to being able to import multiple text data files into a
sheet?

Thanks
Scott

I'm using Excel 2000, and I've never seen the ability to open a text file
into an existing sheet. The newly opened text file must be cut & pasted into
an existing sheet. What exact steps (menu clicks) do you recall taking in
the past, in order to "import more data to the same sheet"?