Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RonB

Default chart menu

I am using Excel 2000 and am trying to calculate a trend line and extrapolate
a data set using a polynomial function. My problem is two fold - 1st - I
cannot find a built-in function on the pull down list. The formula is listed
in the on-line help but I cannot find the actual function. 2nd - the on line
help suggests going to the chart menu and merely clicking on the tab to add a
trend line - but I cannot find the chart menu. The add a trendline option
does not appear among the chart wizard choices. I suspect that this is a
simple matter but I am completely flummoxed. Thanks in advance.