Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy

Default I need to subtotal based on an if

Thank you I got it to work the way I wanted

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Can you use Data Subtotals? Select your table, then use the menu bar to
select Data then Subtotals. In the dialog, indicate that you want a subtotal
at each change in Group, producing the Sum of Amt.
If you want it in a separate column as you showed it, enter a formula in C2
(assuming the table is in A1:Bxxx, with labels in row 1):
=if(a2=a3,"",sum(b$2:b2)-sum(c$1:c1)). Autofill that formula down through
column C.
--Bruce

"Sandy" wrote:

I have a list of people who are in certain groups, each person pays so much
money and the list is added to daily. I want to know what the totals are for
different groups.

group amt
1 50
1 25