Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DTTODGG

Default Find missing sequential numbers

Thanks Ron;

It works, but I have no idea how - I need a tutorial on common syntax and
examples used in excel (and access).

I would really like to learn how to come up with these on my own someday.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

With your list of values in Cells A1:A10

B1:
=LARGE(ISNA(MATCH(ROW($A$1:INDEX(A:A,MAX(A:A))),$A $1:$A$8,0))*ROW($A$1:INDEX(A:A,MAX(A:A))),ROW())

Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and
press [Enter].

Copy B1 and paste it into B2 and down as far as you need.

Does that give you something to work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"DTTODGG" wrote:

Hello, I'm looking for a way to quickly find what numbers are missing in
column B. I can sort them ascending, but how do I find if there are missing
numbers?
1
2
3