Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default Out of Memory

Hi Rob,
It is very difficult to track down such problems as you probably know.

Make sure that you have the latest maintenance for your Excel 2003.

Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

and at links within, particularly Charles William's website, one of his pages is
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeed.htm
website is best viewed in Firefox if you have it, but the separate unconventional
(though I like the spell check uncongenial suggestion better)
scrollers do appear to be working now in IE though still wasteful of space.
---
HTH,

"Rob" wrote in message ...
I recently purchased a new Dell computer with 2 gig of RAM. I have two large
Excel files that I need to have open simultaneously. I can open these at
work on a machine that has only 512 meg of RAM but I can't open them on my
new machine. I am using Office 2000. I keep getting an error message that
says that I am out of memory. Then, I downloaded the trial version Office
2003. I can open the files but my macros very very very slowly. I believe
that something on my PC is configured improperly but I don't know. Does
anyone have any suggestions. I would probably purchase the upgrade but I
would like to correct any misconfiguration first.