Frank Kabel

Hi
one way:
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=" & DATE(2004,1,1)) - COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=" &
DATE(2005,1,1))

or try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"SLB" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

Here is my issue. I have a bunch of dates in one column that may have
different years. In another column I have the data that I need to count.
What I want to do is count the data by year. Here's my example to
clarify:

Column A Column B
2/10/2003 8
3/1/2004 5
1/4/2004 4
5/4/2002 10

I want to count how many answers there in Column B that were entered in
the
year 2003 (from Column A). In this case, there's 1. Then I want to count
how many answers there are in Column B that were entered in the year 2004
(from Column A). In this case, there's 2. Etc.
Please let me know if you can help me out with this!
Thanks!!!