Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sunny

Default How to modify fill handle properties?

Hi,

I am facing a problem using the fill handle. Theproblem is explained
below.

I have two worksheets -sheet1 and sheet2. I sheet-1 , i have the
following data (in rows R1, R2, R3 and columns C1, C2,C3 AND C4 .

C1 C2 C3 C4
R1 1/16/2006 10:30 375.2 372.05 374.05
R2 1/16/2006 11:00 374.4 370.1 370.1
R3 1/16/2006 11:30 370.2 365.8 366
R4 1/16/2006 12:00 371.2 360.8 365

In sheet-2 , i am trying to fill a column col2 with the following
formulas:
Col2
Row1: (R1+R2)-C2-sheet1
Row2: (R3+R4)-C2-sheet1

I want each subsequent row to have two consecutive rows from the
previous cell. For example, if Row1 cell contains R1+R2 , then i want
the next cell to have R3+R4 in Row2 cell of sheet2.
But what excel does when i drag the formula down in the column is given
below:
Col2
Row1: (R1+R2)-C2-sheet1
Row2: (R2+R3)-C2-sheet1

I want [(R3+R4)-C2-SHEET1] instead of [(R2+R3)-C2-sheet1]. is there a
way to solve this problem?