Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default How can I reference a cell in datevalue?

Hi!

DATEVALUE converts a TEXT representation of a date into a numerical value
that is a true Excel date.

If you enter a true Excel date in a cell the true underlying value is
numeric. Since DATEVALUE requires a text string as an argument the numeric
value (true Excel date) results in an error.

Maybe you should post a better explanation of what you're trying to do.

Biff

"Caleb" wrote in message
When I try to reference a cell that has a date in date value the result
always comes up as #VALUE. Does anybody know how to fix this?