Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Default How do we get rid of "From existing workbook"?

If a worker "works around" it then sack 'em!!
If they cannot follow procedure they are not worth having as employees. Boot
them out the door!

Apart from this, look on the microsoft.com site search for templates.

There is a registry key you have to delete but I cannot recall what it is...

"JayBL" wrote:

We as a company have a set of precedent documents, which are set up as
templates which users must use.

However, in Excel 2003 when you click FILE - NEW there is now an option
called "From existing workbook..." which would enable a user to work around
this. How can we either disable that in the new workbook pane, set the FILE
- NEW to go straight to the Excel templates or simply like Word have a
button that links straight to the Templates themselves (i.e. FILE - NEW -
ON MY COMPUTER)

All help appreciated.