Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ac

Default Convert excel 2003 (in xml format) to excel 2000

Thanks for the advise. Actually, I need to do this programmatically (using
c#) or by some command line utility (that I can script in a command file),
because I don't have excel on the machines on which I need to do this.

Or maybe you can suggest me of some way of creating excel files
programmatically (using c#), without using actual excel, which can be read by
excel 2000. I know of three ways to do this :-

1. Using .NET Office automation API, but this requires presence of excel on
the machine.
2. Using ODBC, but this doesn't allow formatting of cells e.g. Color, font
size, etc.
3. Creating xml files based on the schema understood by excel 2003, but my
clients have excel 2000.

Your advise and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ac.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

If you have Excel 2003, just open it and save it as a regular Excel
workbook.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"ac" wrote in message
Hello,

Could someone pls advise as to how can I convert an excel 2003 file (in
xml
format) to something that excel 2000 can understand .... using c# or some
utility.

Thanks,
AC.