Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default How do I create a dropdown list using data from a different workbo

If the data is on another worksheet in the same workbook, you have to give
the target range a name (InsertNameDefine...) and use that. In another
workbook, not possible I think.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JudithJubilee" wrote in message
Hello VFPguruExcelNovice,

Try this step-by-step tutorial:

I have 2003 and follow this works for me.

Post back if you are still having difficulties!

Judith

--
Hope this helps

"VFPguruExcelNovice" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003, and have used the on-line help, have followed the
instructions clearly. Yet at the end of it all Excel states that I'm

unable
to use validation against data from other workbooks, yet I have followed

the
instructions under the online help: Create a drop-down list from a range

of
cells. I can create a drop-down list using data from the same worksheet,
HELP!!