Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
rkstaggers

Default roundtrip mileage with one name entered in A1

After looking around it started to come back. I used Microsoft Works, but not
for many years. But I was using the IF in an formula and was going to be shut
down by the limit of 7 nests and would have had to do this for each output
that I needed.
But as expected someone would come up with a much esaier way. Thanks Dave, I
think this will work fine. What would our world be without people like you
helping others.
I would be reading a lot of the help files like I did 15 years ago when I
got my first computer, It didn't even have a hard drive.

"davesexcel" wrote:

here's a good start

A1 to A5 enter these values

B1:B5 enter this
1
2
3
4
5
C1:C5 enter this
1a
2b
3c
4d
5e
place this formula in E1
=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:C5,2)
place this formula in F1
=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:C5,3)
Now in D1 enter any value that is in column A and see what happens

You can use column A as the list for the doctors names
Colmn B you can use for another, such as the doctors address
column C will be the milage,

Let me know if you cannot get this to work for your requirements
:(

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708