Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Default Pasting from web into Excel - Excel converts into mathmatical - how to prevent

The suggested solution is saying let the data be pasted as a number, then
after the fact, format the number to display all the digits instead of the
scientific notation you complain of. However, since your number has 16
characters, it would give you an incorrect result. Excel only handles about
15 significant digits, so it would truncate your number.

Tom Ogilvy

"David Smithz" wrote in message
k...

"Ardus Petus" < wrote in message
Format your column with format 0

Can you explain more. I tried formatting the column before hand as a text
column, but to no avail. Should I format the column before or after? And

is
format 0 a particular type of format?

Thanks