Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Default Pasting from web into Excel - Excel converts into mathmatical - how to prevent

Format your column with format 0

HTH
--
AP

"David Smithz" a écrit dans le message de
k...
Hi there,

Frustratingly when I copy from a website with a big table of data that

some
of the columns contain variously formatted international telephone

numbers,
and then paste this data into Excel, all the long telephone numbers come

out
as numerical values.

For example
4454344348579544
comes out as:

4.454345+11

Even when I prepare the cells to be formatted as Text, this is still
ignored. I have tried paste special, but I only get the option of Text,

HTML
and Unicode and none give the desired result.

Can anyone help me finally resolve this frustrating problem.

Kind regards

Dave