Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

Default Is there something like an "If, then" formula?

use a formula in the other cell of

=MAX(total_time-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"~working mom~" <~working wrote in message
I am trying to set up a time card that I downloaded from the templates

page
on MS. I like the format of the one that I have, but this is what I want

it
to do:

Currently it is set up to calculate time for the week as streight time,

i.e.
56.4 hours for the week.

What I would like it to do is when the total number of hours reaches 40,
then anything over that goes into another cell for the number of over-time
hours.

Is there a formula that anyone knows that I can use for this, or a

function?