Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Default Formula Showing In A Cell Instead of Proper Result

Make sure the cell is formatted a general and NOT text

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"DanK" wrote in message
I typed =IF($Q23="A",$O23,(IF($Q23="W",$O57,""))) into the formula bar. I
think the formula is valid. Basically, I want the value in cell O23 to
show
if "A" is typed in cell Q23. If a "W" is typed instead, I want the value
in
cell O57 to show. If neither "A" nor "W" is typed, I want nothing to
show.
My problem is that instead of the proper result showing in the cell where
this formula is located, the formula is showing -- and I can't get rid of
the
formula from showing. I don't know what I did to the format of the cell
cause it to show the formula instead of the result.

I've tried deleting the formula & reentering it. I looked at the OPTIONS
menu w/o avail. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting
frustrated.

I hope this makes sense.