Viekn

Default How do I run an Excel function only once?

What I want to do is have Excel calculate the current date a user is updating
a spreadsheet and show that date in a cell. They would then be able to come
back the next day, enter information, and a cell would display the current
date again, while still displaying the date that the spreadsheet was last
updated the previous day.

Basically, I can use the NOW or TODAY functions to calculate the current
date, but I can't get them to run only once then die after it was run.

I will try to look back here for answers but if you have an answer, if you
also wouldn't mind cutting and pasting your resonse in an email to
. Thanks very much.