Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sergo K

Default xlsx vs xls

Hi everyone,

I'm in a huge mess. I need someone's help asap. I gave Office 12 Beta a try
and while working in it, saved a document in xlsx format. The trial period is
over and I've uninstalled the software, but I forgot that I need the
information that I've created in xlsx file.

I'm trying to open it in my old Office 2000 and its not opening. I was
wondering if one of you could open this file in Office 12 and resave it in
old xls format, so I can get the content out of it, please..

http://www.stratacrystal.net/list3.xlsx

p.s. For some reason when you download the file from that server its comming
down as zip?? You need to change the extension to xlsx and then open it in
Office 12.