Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian3103

Default Drop Down list formatting

I have created a number of drop down lists using Data Validation on one
spreadsheet. According to all the 'help' I've been able to find "The Data
Validation dropdown is the width of the cell that it's in". Except that in
my spreadsheet it isn't.

All the dropdowns are wider than the cell (about 3 times as wide). They
work perfectly well but don't look good, overlapping adjacent columns and
being far wider than necessary to accommodate the required data.

Anyone know how I can change them so they are constrained by the width of
the cell? Any help would be great. Thanks
--
Ian