Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
arja

Default sequential formula copying

Hi Biff,

Thank you very much. Hit the nail on the head and everything works fine.
Spent hours on that stupid thing. Do you know of a way to get rid of the $
sign in the first place as Gord mentioned? See his reply to my question in
my original posting. I am set on automatic in the calculation tab. I'm also
going to ask him. Thanks again for a great response.

Rich

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

What's the formula look like?

I'll bet there's a reference to F1 that looks like this: F$1 or $F$1. Remove
the $ before the 1 so that you have either: F1 or $F1.

Biff

"arja" wrote in message
I'm trying to copy formulas down a column of many rows and I get the exact
formula in each copied row. I want the copied rows to refer to sequential
rows as F1, F2, F3, etc. What I get is every row refers to F1 which is
the
original copy row.
Is this possible. TYIA

Rich