Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TrevBoro

Default How do I model heat transfer using Excel?

I have been asked to use excel to model the heat transfer through a chimney.
I have broken the chimney into nodes and elements and have calculated the
equation for each node. I have produced a spread sheet to solve the
simultaneous equations to find the results. The spread sheet is however very
large (approx. 50 pages when printed). Each of the equations uses an initial
arbitrary value and the solutions from the other equations to refine and
eventually solve the value for that node.

Is there a way I can make the spread sheet needed to produce the results
smaller? Is there a way I can get the programme to produce a convergence
without the need for a very large number of columns? I only know the basics
of excel and entering equations. Someone mentioned the words Goal Seek and
Patterning to me, but that's as much as I know.

Please Help

Thank you