Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Marlow

Default If value in column is yes; entire line turns red

Hi,

Look at conditional formatting (Select all of the rows you want & then
'Format', 'Conditional Formatting').

Choose 'Formula Is', your formula will need to be something like;

=IF(B$6="Yes",TRUE,FALSE)

Set the background on the 'Patterns' tab that appears when you hit 'Format
....'

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

"Geert_Pick" wrote:

I am setting up a new feature in my client database. The last column
will be (Any outstanding debts) if the value in this column is YES (or
1 if it needs to be a number) I would like the whole line (from contact
details to handphone number) to be written in red.
This will allow for a quick scan of my bad clients in terms of payment.

Any help here on how to do this is much appreciated =)

--
Geert_Pick
Geert_Pick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23222