Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

Default New to excel - need help with a formula

This requires a User Defined Function (UDF). See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/prevsheet.html

In article ,
kessa wrote:

QUESTION 1:
I've got a spreadsheet which takes data from one worksheet and uses it
to calculate data in a second worksheet using the following code /
formula:

=IF('4th November 2005'!B19="","nothing here dude",IF(B19<'4th November
2005'!B19,"UP",IF(B19='4th November 2005'!B19,"Same",IF(B19'4th
November 2005'!B19,"DOWN"))))

The problem is, when I create a new worksheet I have to go through and
update all of the references to the previous worksheet. I know that I
can do a "find and replace" (which isn't too much of a pain), but what
I would like to do is use some kind of a relative (rather than
absolute) formula.

So instead of saying "go to the worksheet called '4th November 2006' "
I could instead say "go to the sheet which preceeds this one"