Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dave glynn

Default updating links

Sorry everyone was being crass solution was onvious

Thanks all the same

Dave

"dave glynn" wrote:

I have a series of files that represent data for each week of the year. These
are linked to other files that are common to each week.

Unthinkingly I provided for all files to be updated automatically on opening.

Unfortunately if I open (say) last wek's saved files they will automatically
update to this weeks values.

Universal update in tools/options/edit is switched off but obviously
overwritten by the files that specify otherwise.

Is there any way to override the updating before I open all of 52 weeks
files and get this week's resulys for all of them?

Help!!!!!

Thanks as always

Dave Glynn