Alan Beban

Louise wrote:
Thanks Alan, but doesnīt work and I donīt know why. Any idea?. I use
excel in Spanish.

Thanks

louise wrote:

Hello all, and thanks in advance:

I have an excel file that this obtained of a Word table (text to
table, select copy and past in excel). There is only text in cells.
One word every cell. I want to know like I can select a word
determined in all the cells in which it appears and obtain a diagram
of her on the basis of its value of row. That is to say, if the word
is "pine" and in the first column it occupies the A51 cell and in the
second B70 and the third C16 and the fourth D34, as I can select
"pine" and to obtain its chart 51-70-16-34 in a line.

I have the file with only text in cells as the same:

A1 column: pine, fir, tree, fresal, house, rivet, basket, bear,
grandma. A2 column: basket, pine, fresal, tree, rivet, bear, grandma,
fir, house. A3 column: grandma, tree, basket, rivet, pine, bear,
fresal, fir, house. A4 column: tree, pine, house, rivet, fresal,
bear, fir, grandma, basket.

The words donīt repeat in the same column. I have a table of 150
columns. In this case the chart for "pine": 1-2-5-2, for "fir":
2-8-8-7 and for "grandma": 9-7-1-8 (the number of the row)

I'm assuming that the A1 column values are in A1:A9, the A2 column
values are in B1:B9, the A3 column values are in C1:C9 and the A4
column values are in D1:D9. If so, then if the functions in the
freely downloadable file at http://home.pacbell.net/beban are
available to your workbook

=TRANSPOSE(INDEX(ArrayMatch(A1,TRANSPOSE($A$1:$D $9)),0,2))

array entered into F1:I1 and then filled down will produce your
desired results.

Alan Beban

Did you download the file from the web site?

Alan Beban