Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
William DeLeo

Default maintain references when target cell moves?

Greetings,

I have some cell formulae on sheet2 refering to cells on sheet1. I
want the formulae on sheet2 to _never_ change, no matter what happens
on sheet1.

I am finding that when I "move" cells on sheet1, the references on
sheet2 reflect that move ... with both relative and absolute
designations. I also tried locking sheet2 to no avail.

For example: I want "=sheet1!A1" to always point to top left cell of
sheet1, no matter what happens to the cells of sheet1.

So, how can I keep the formulae from changing???

Thanks in advance,
WD

--
William DeLeo