Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peppermint

Default Excel Word - Mailmerge

One of our clients emailed a spreadsheet (don't know what version of Excel).
The data in the spreadsheet had to be merged into Word 2003 letters for
mailing. Before merging, I added two complete entries at the end. One of the
fields that was merged contained a date in the format 3/1/2006. However, the
date in the two entries I added did not print correctly in the Word letters
after merging. It came through something like 38675 instead of in date
format. Why would that be?

All the other entries were fine, except for the two I added at the end of
the spreadsheet.