Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cereldine

Default Lookdown cell vertically, return horizontal value

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that vaguely looks some thing like following

A B C D
1 jan 02 34
2 jan 02 56
3 jan 02 34
1 feb 02 67
2 feb 02 55
3 feb 03

In cell d I would like to be able to find the next value of A ( lookup
from feb 02 to feb 02) return the value from C and then perform a
calculation to find the variance month to month. I cannot use an
absolute reference because different months have a variation in the
number of records.

Is there a function or part of a function that allows me to do this?

most of my experience has come from access so appologies if this is a
really straight forward answer, as i have no idea what to look for i
have had a pretty poor time searching

--
cereldine
cereldine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32069