Rose

Because my text can and does include spaces, commas, semicolons, tabs, and
every character on my keyboard - hence a mass Find and Replace will not work.
I need to find a string of text within my cell and parse it there.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Why not do a mass find and replace FIRST (with, say, a space, comma,
etc), then do a Data/Text to Columns, splitting on the new delimiter.

In article ,
"Rose" wrote:

I have a column of data that needs to be parsed into 2 columns, but the place
where the parse should begin is a word, in this case "EXCLUDES". How do I
word a parse command in this case?
BTW, if it's also possible, it'd be great to not only parse the 2nd part
out, but also to delete the actual word "EXCLUDES." If this makes it too
complicated, I can always do a mass find and replace. :)