Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
emanna

Default Excel Used as a Time Sheet

Thanks Dave for the information that you have already given me, however, I
still remain confused (which believe me, is not you, it's me...lol).

I tried what you told me and of course changed the cells to accomodate my
spreadsheet. Only certain cells then would highlight red.

So, I was hoping that if I mentioned what cells were what, then it may help
in trying to tell me what I need to do.

A11:A23, A26:A34, A37:A40, A42:A45 are the time in cells

D11:D23, D26:D34, D37:D40, D42:D45 are the time out cells

E11:E23, E26:E34, E37:E40, E42:E45 are the leave code cells

F8 is the date cell which is programmed to automatically put in today's date
upon opening the sheet.

Again, I would need a message/cells to highlight if there was nothing
entered in the time in/time out and leave code cells.

Thanks in advance
:)

"emanna" wrote:

Hopefully I can explain this well enough that someone can understand what I'm
asking.

I currently use an Excel spreadsheet to track daily attendance of employees.
This sheet is filled out by department leaders on a daily basis.

I have a column for time in, time out, and a leave code column (this column
is used to show the reason an employee is not at work).

Whether an employee works or not, these columns will be filled out (if
worked the time in/time out will be filled out and if not worked the leave
code column will be filled out).

I need to know how I could make the sheet show an error message if all these
cells are left blank by mistake (i.e. an employee doesn't work today,
therefore the time in/time out cell is left blank but their supervisor fails
to put in a leave code. I would like the error message to alert them to the
fact that the information in these cells are mandatory and that they have
left them blank).

Is this possible?

If I'm not making any sense, please let me know so I can clarify any
confusion.

Thanks in advance.