Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan

Default Counting blank cells until value is reached

Ron,

You are correct. Since it appeared the question was not clear enough, I
reposted the question that explained a little better what I was trying to
achieve.

Thanks for all the help.

Dan

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Dan

I'm curious....is this the same question you asked in the "Function similar
to SHIFT+CTRL+DOWN KEY" thread you posted? Was that one not resolved? Or is
that a different "Dan"?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Dan" wrote:

Yes I did try the formula. Beginning at A1 if there is a value in A2 (which I
do not know if it will be filled) the formula became circular reference and
did not work. If I removed the data in A2 and inserted data in A4, the
formula did not count the blank spaces between A1 and A4 thereby returning 3.

Regards,

Dan

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

Did you try the formula I posted?