Peo Sjoblom

I can't reproduce this with either checkbox (control toolbox or forms toolbar)
Since you say properties it sounds as though you are using the check box
from the
control toolbox (in the forms toolbar you use format control to set the cell
link)
An uneducated guess is that you might have selected view code once, that is
enough to automatically add these lines (even if you just exit out from there)

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()

End Sub

thus will trigger "Enable Macro" upon opening, to get rid of it, go into
design mode and right click and select view code and delete the text or press
Alt + F11 and double click the sheet name in the project pane to the left,
then delete the text.

If indeed you are using the check box from the forms toolbar then you must
mistakenly have created a macro or linked the check box to a macro (right
click assign macro)

There is no other way that it would trigger the macro security. It is
definitely easier to mistakenly create code using the firts method (view
code)

Best Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Maverick2U" wrote:

Peo,

That's what I did. I created the check box and then edited it's properties
so that I could tell it where to place the value so that I could create a
formula based on it's results. As soon as I change any of the properites of
the check box, security views it as a "custom" macro.

Thanks,
Dean

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use the checkbox from the forms toolbar instead

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Maverick2U" wrote:

I'm trying to create a simple check box that returns a value into a cell (for
instance A1). I create the check box and put A1 in the "LinkedCell" section
under Properties. This places a TRUE or FALSE into A1. Now every time I open
the spreadsheet I have to chose to enable macros. If I share this file whit
others who have high security settings, they won't even be able to open it.
This file is going to unsophisticated users and this simple check box may
make it so that they can't even use the file. Is there a way to fix it so
that this isn't seen as a "custom" macro?

If I create a check box but have the value of the check box appear nowhere
on the sheet, the security does not bother it.

Thanks.