Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Default Where is the source of the data?

Ken

Thanks for the reply. I should have explained myself better. I have a
column of sixty lookups and I need to know which ones have been
overwritten. Your code works great for one cell (as my original request
so erroneously stated). IS there any way of checking all sixty and
showing the results preferably in the cell.

I tried a conditional formatting if(left(A1)<"If(" but that didn't
work. The other way which works is by comparing the figure in the cell
with what the lookup would give, but the day will arrive when the
overwrite will be the same as the lookup.

I'm not sure this one is solveable.

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096