Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
goody444

Default Can't get data from a web page to chart in excel. Any solutions?

I want to chart some data I have copied from an internet website. I have
two columns: column 1 is time and column 2 is a fluctuating value. There
are many data points so I cannot hand type the numbers. Here is an
example of the data I am trying to plot:

http://www.tradingday.com/is/siri.html

use this link and at the bottom there will be stock ticker values. This
is where the data is copied from. I would like to chart both "time" and
"price". My problem is listed below:

When I paste the numbers into excel, the columns of cells are "merged"
so I have to split them to edit. Once that is done, I try to chart the
data but the graph comes up as completely blank.

I have also tried pasting the data as "paste special" pasting only with
"values" yet this also does not work. It's not the data; if I type a
sample of the data next to it, excel has no problem charting it. It
seems to be the format when the cell is pasted.

I have even gone through and tried to reformat the data, yet no matter
which format for the cells I choose, the numbers do not change. I have
also gotten rid of any protection on the cells (ie locked data).

Does anyone have any idea how I can get these numbers to chart?

Sorry if that is confusing, please respond with any questions you have.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--
goody444