Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dermot

Default Protecting Excel Worksheets..Advise Please...

I seem to get inconsistent results when protecting excel workheet formula
cells.
This is the normal procedure I follow.

1. Click top left corner to highlight all cells

2. Format | Cells | Protection tab |uncheck the "Locked" check box......to
remove all locked formatting from the sheet.

3. I then select all the formulae cells I want to lock

4. Format | Cells | Protection Tab | Check the "Locked" box

5. Then I select Tools | Protection and enter a password twice.

My problem is that sometimes I have no problem ....on other occasions....it
seems to lock more cells than the ones I locked....producing a warning box to
indicate the cells are protected.

Also, using....

File | Save As | Tools General Options | Password to open / Password to
Modify.......is there a way to configure it to change it's read only password
setting when it is opend freshly every day.....if this is possible how would
I achieve this?