Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BCBC

Default The Formula is Too Long

Thanks to both of you!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think I saw a post by Jan Karel Pieterse that his newest FlexFind will avoid
this problem:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

If you want to mess around with your own macro:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...apeXSPAM.c om

BCBC wrote:

I am trying to do a find and replace and am getting "formula is too long"
error message. I'm confused because the column I'm searching doesn't contain
formulas - just text. Also, the text I'm using in the find and replace box
isn't very long - I'm using phrases such as ", and managers" and trying to
replace it with ", and manages". There are 800 lines I'd like to edit so
being able to do a "replace all" makes it much less time-consuming! Does
anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson