Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Default EXCEL SORT - How do I prevent 'frozen' rows from sorting?

Hi JHJ IN AZ. The MVP's who help in this forum have advised to never, ever
use the sort icons from the tool bar because of the risk of trashing your
data. They recommend always selecting your data first and then using the
sort menu. Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"JHJ IN AZ" wrote:

But if I highlight the range, the sort icons are useless because I can't
select a cell in the column by which I want to sort. Then I have to manually
set up the "Data" "Sort" dialogue every time. When I first started out, I
could merely select a cell in the desired column, then click either of the
sort icons.

"davesexcel" wrote:

try highliting the range before you choose sort then you don't require
the heading selection

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708