Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arty Morty

Default Tough number crunch!

I would like to average out some numbers. Say B1 had a value of 2, and B2 had
a value of 25, and B3 had a value of 4. I would like to have B2 to be an
average number between the other two. BUT, I only want it to be changed if it
is greater than a 500% difference between the TWO numbers (B1-B3).

So, Take value 1 compare it to value 2...If it is under 500% diff, go to
the next one(value B2 -B3). If it is OVER 500% then it needs to check value 3
to see if is also a difference of greater than 500% if indeed it is, value 2
needs to be changed to an average between 1&3..if it is less than 500% , no
changes are made. Once done I need to compare value 2 to value 3, and so on
and so on...

Tough one for me anyhow....