Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default Help! All results of my formula are the same!

It sounds like you used Dollar Signs in the top formula....remove them and
then copy down again..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ziak" wrote:

When I copy my fx down, the answers I get are the same as the cell where I
initially wrote the formula (the formula changes to match the correct cells,
but the result stays the same). If I re-type the formula, I get the correct
answer, but it does not work when I copy the formula down.

For example:

A B C
1 2 2 =A1*B1 (result of fx is 4)
2 2 3 =A2*B2 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down
3 2 4 =A3*B3 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down
4 2 5 =A4*B4 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down

If I was to re-type the formula in C2, I get "6," which is the correct
answer. Any clue on what's going on?