Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ziak

Default Help! All results of my formula are the same!

When I copy my fx down, the answers I get are the same as the cell where I
initially wrote the formula (the formula changes to match the correct cells,
but the result stays the same). If I re-type the formula, I get the correct
answer, but it does not work when I copy the formula down.

For example:

A B C
1 2 2 =A1*B1 (result of fx is 4)
2 2 3 =A2*B2 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down
3 2 4 =A3*B3 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down
4 2 5 =A4*B4 (result of fx is 4) - formula is copied down

If I was to re-type the formula in C2, I get "6," which is the correct
answer. Any clue on what's going on?