Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Default How to setup transferring data from row to column?

Toto,

Did you try the formula with data?

It worked for me. The "formula " won't change because it uses relative
references for the particular row/column it is in. It will look the same, but
should achieve your desired results as tested on my machine.

HTH

"Toto Sanderson" wrote:

used your formula and copy down... But it doesn't work. The cell down has
exactly the same formula

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

One way, enter in Sheet2 cell A1
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,column()-1,ROW()-1)
and copy down (and across if required)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Toto Sanderson" wrote in
message ...
Can anyone help me he

How do I setup transfering data in a row to a column on another sheet
so
that when I input anything in the row, the column in the other sheet
will be
automatically filled.

I tried =Sheet1!A1 and then copy down. But the second cell down
becomes
=Sheet1!A2, whereas I want it to be =Sheet1!B1

Thanks in advance!