Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

Default Adding a Tab in a Macro

Dave: I was trying to help Michael out (privately) and had a few
questions. The Change event you are speaking to here is triggered as
follows (by first running AddNAME()

Sub ADDNAME() ' Macro (Only first 6 lines - like so):

Range("a7:I7").Select
Selection.Cut
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 561
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=398
Range("a990").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

As a result of the 1st 6 lines of code (above) 2 or 3 things are happening,
which I do not understand..
1) Line 6 ActiveShet.Paste is triggering a Worksheet_Change Event. WHY????
2) The resulting WS-Change Event starts with statement:
If Intersect(Target, Range("b7")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
(At this point - In the immedaite window when I do ? Target.address ' I
get A7:I7 (??)
And after processing this line it (interpreting it as False) it proceeds to
the next line
where it Calls Look-Here1 (a standard module)..

Can you elaborate of a few of these points,
TIA,
Jim

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
That's not checking to see if B7 is empty (or looks blank). It's just
checking
to see if the cell you changed was B7.

I like this style:

if target.cells.count 1 then exit sub 'only one cell at a time

'exit unless it Is B7 that changed
If Intersect(Target, me.Range("$b$7")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

if isempty(target.value) then exit sub

Call Module22.Look_Here1
'the macro To Call when b7 changes

End Sub

michaelberrier wrote:

I've stepped through my code using F8 and have found an instance where
the code directs an Exit Sub if a certain cell is blank, but it is
continuing...here is the code.

If Intersect(Target, Range("$b$7")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
'exit unless it Is c1 that changed

Call Module22.Look_Here1
'the macro To Call when c1 changes

End Sub

Cell B7 is empty, no values, no formulas, nothing, but the macro
proceeds to the next step and that's where it goes off kilter.

Any idea why it's doing that?

--

Dave Peterson