Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathryn

Default when I email my workbook, it is received as 'read only'

Thankyou for your help - I will try it! This has been driving crazy,

cheers,
Kathryn

"CLR" wrote:

Sometimes when taking files off of a CD they will act like that....in that
case just have to copy them to Hard Drive first, then take them from the
Hard Drive. See if someone else can open one of your errant files. And,
have someone give you a small file on a Floppy and see if it's the same
way.....if your computer is the only way they act like this, then, the only
thing I can think is maybe your installation of Excel is corrupt.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kathryn" wrote in message
I occurs with all workbooks. I thought that they might be write

protected,
but when I go to 'file' - 'properties' - 'general tab' the 'attributes'

field
is not highlighted so I can't make any changes?

"CLR" wrote:

Does this occur will ALL workbooks, or only certain ones.........maybe

just
ones from a certain directory or drive?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kathryn" wrote:

When I email my workbook, it is received as 'read only' I can't find

out why.