Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Default Data Validation - Restriction

Sorry .. none!

This was my DV:

"=OFFSET($A$1,1,0,COUNTA(A:A),1)"

Do you want to post sample file to me and I'll look at it?
)

"Kevin" wrote:

Hi - so I am selecting Allow = "list" also and then Data is greyed out and
then source "=OFFSET(RegionStart,1,0,COUNTA(RegionColumn)-1,1)"

The list works fine but I can also enter any text i like but I want to
restrict to the list

any ideas?
--
Kevin

"Toppers" wrote:

Kevin,
In my testing (XL2003) I can only enter data from the list when
I select LIST as a DV option; anything else produces an error.

"Kevin" wrote:

Hi

I want to use data validation and have been looking at the website
www.contextures.com

From here I have used the following formula in my data validation / source
to link to a list and update automatically as new entires to my list are
added / deleted

=OFFSET(RegionStart,1,0,COUNTA(RegionColumn)-1,1)

The problem is it allows me to enter values not in the list (there are no
blank spaces when I select the list) and I would like to restrict this so
that only values on the list can be restricted

Thanks for your help

--
Kevin