Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ledgreg

Default New Excel development

I am in the process of developing an Excel based application which I
plan on selling to businesses. Does anyone know if I need to register
with microsoft since I am developing my application in Excel? All my
customers will need to have Excel to use my application. I would
really prefer a web address at microsoft that I could print out stating
what the requirements are.

Secondly, does anyone know if there are simple ways to protect my Excel
application from being copied by one of my customers and given to one of
their friends?

Lastly, would I just need a copyright for this application or would I
need a patent as well?

Thanks for your help and take care!

--
ledgreg