Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DoubleACL

Default cannot group that selection

Got it. My data has a lot of blanks, and if I delete the rows containing the
blank fields, I can build a grouping selection. Normally, I can remove the
blanks from being reported in my Pivot Table by deselecting blanks in the
field options box. However for grouping, I find that merely deselecting
blanks does not then allow grouping; the data itself cannot have blanks,
which is going to be a pain. I'm going to have to create some temporary
tables to accomplish the grouped report, unless you know of any other
solution.
--
Thanks!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Maybe you've included some blank rows at the end of the source data, or
some of the dates are entered as text. There are suggestions for fixing
the problem he

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems

DoubleACL wrote:
I'm following the FAQ for taking a list of dates produced by my piviot table
and trying to group them by week. When I select the field name, right click
and select grouping, I get "cannot group by the selection". My data source
for this field in the table is all dates (other than the header).

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List