Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TMF in MN

Default Sumproduct with 2 criteria

Further clarification, If the cells in column A begin with a letter and cells
in B contain the term "ITT", Column D should read INTERNAL. If either/or the
criteria for A and B are not true, Column D should read the value of column C.

Sorry so confusing and THANK YOU for assistance.

"TMF in MN" wrote:

Based on the following data I would like a formula in Column D that will
return a value based on data in columns a, b and c.
a b c
1 WC0256 ITT OPEN $500.00 Internal
2 14A555 SOLD $100.00 $100
3 WE0516 ITT PARTIAL $200.00 Internal

The Column D values are the correct value. I tried this formula but I'm not
sure what's wrong with it.

SUMPRODUCT(--( ISERR(SEARCH("ITT",b1)),--(
ISerror(LEFT(a1)+0)),(c1)),"Internal"

THANK YOU