Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan

Default Row Expansion

Otto,

The source cell from where I am transferring data is already set to word
wrap. I need a macro that when the data is transferred to the destination
cell the row that it is being transferred to will increase in height
automatically to accomodate viewing the entire cell without having to
manually adjust the height. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks again,
Susan Spencer

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Susan
Your right. When you copy data from a cell and paste it into a cell
that is formatted for Wrap, the format of the source cell comes along with
the paste and you lose the Wrap formatting. You can manually set the format
of that cell back to Wrap or you can run the following macro with that cell
selected:
Sub SetWrap()
Selection.WrapText = True
End Sub

There is a way to automate this also, if you know the range into which you
will be pasting the data. Something like "any cell in Column A" or "any
cell in Column A from this row to that row". Or any other column or groups
of columns and groups of rows. If you can nail down the range into which
you will be pasting, then when you paste into any cell in that range, the
format will be changed to Wrap. Post back if you think something like this
will help you. HTH Otto
"Susan" wrote in message
I checked my cells formatting and the text wrapping option is selected but
the row does not increase in height when text is transferred. If I do a
column expansion, I'm afraid my spreadsheet will exceed my margins. Is
there
a macro for expanding the height of the cells?

Thanks for your reply.

Susan Spencer

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

If you set the destination cell to Wrap, the cell will automatically
increase/decrease in height to accommodate the quantity of text in the
cell.
Is that what you wanted?
If you want the column width to change automatically, you will need an
event
macro. Please post back if you need more. HTH Otto
"Susan" wrote in message
Is there anyway to set a row to automatically expand when info is
transferred
to it from another sheet?